Thursday, May 21, 2009

Prayers for Andrew

A while back I posted several prayer requests, one of which was for a little boy named Andrew. Preston over at Me and the Blue Skies has posted a heart wrenching update. Andrew is 8 years old and has a tumor in his cheek that is crushing his sinus cavity and wrecking havoc with his teeth. His father just found out that he is going to be losing his job because the company he works for is going out of business. Because of this, he cannot qualify for COBRA in the midst of Andrew's medical treatments.

Andrew and his family need a lot of prayers. Please add them to any prayer chains you know of or are a part of. Preston is looking into setting up some kind of donation fund for Andrew. As soon as I have more information about that, I will be sure to post that up here.


8 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, that is so heart wrenching, Jaina. I will put Andrew and his family on my prayer list. And be sure to post an update us when the donation fund is set up.

There are so many people in dire straights these days. It is very sad.

Take care and God bless!

Renie

Jaina said...

Renie-I know your prayers are appreciated. As soon as Preston posts more information I'll repost and link here...I hope they get the donation fund set up soon. I've offered him my technical assistance for whatever they need.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Petunia said...

I will definitely keep Andrew and his family in my prayers.

Jaina said...

Petunia-Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

:( in my thoughts.

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh, that is heart-wrenching. Bless them... they are definitely in my prayers. Thanks for sharing this...

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Oh no! That poor family. :( I will be keeping them in my thoughts.

Jaina said...

Yaya-Thank you

Fresh Mommy-Thank you, and you're welcome.

Kelly-Thank you, I know they'll appreciate it.