Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another one of the many reasons why I love him...

The bf and I went to Dave and Buster's tonight with the Manager, one of our Wednesday traditions once or twice a month. The bf and I usually head down a little early since the Manager doesn't get off until 7 (except starting Monday we switch to summer hours and he's off at 5 ALL SUMMER!! Granted, that means I'm there until 4:30, but I'm actually excited about the extra sleep in time) The bf hit jackpot on this ball dropping game he loves quite a few times. Now, we've been to D&B's quite a lot and have quite a few tickets saved up on the bf's Gold Card. (I think around 30,000) Anyways, the Manager and I were perusing the prize shop while the bf finished entering our most recent batch of tickets. We'd been chatting with a couple boys and their father about the games and whatnot, and the boys were amazed by the number of tickets we had to enter and already on the card.

Evidentally while I was in the shop looking at hysterically colored, oversized velvet ties, the bf found out through conversation that one of the boys' favorite video games had been stolen. Now, Dave and Busters actually had that game in the prize case. The boys didn't have enough tickets to get it though. I wasn't there for the actual conversation, but the bf decided to help them get the game. They fed the remainder of their new tickets onto the bf's card, and he "bought" the game for them. Haha, it's making me grin like an idiot right now just remembering it. :) The boys and their dad were so excited and SO thankful. I was SO proud of the bf for being such a generous, nice guy to complete strangers. I mean, I knew he was a generous nice guy, but it was so touching to see it in action. I know that he made that family's night, and that he totally fulfilled that little boy's wish. That in and of itself made my night. :)


7 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Your bf is a great guy, Jaina! No wonder you're so proud of him and love him so much. You're a lucky gal to have him!

Huggies,

Renie

PS. I'm keeping your uncle in my prayers. I hope his pain is lessening.

Jaina said...

Renie-He really is. We may argue sometimes, but he is absolutely wonderful and he continually proves it. Thank you for the prayers for my Uncle, he is continuing to heal. I know that your prayers are helping him...he really does feel the power of prayer.

Tabitha Blue said...

It is touching!! He is such a sweetie. Hold onto that one, he sounds awesome.

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

SuperCoolMom said...

What a sweetheart!

Jaina said...

Tabitha-Isn't he? I plan to. :)

SuperCoolMom-He really is. He made my heart melt that night :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet guy!! He made that little boy's day! :-)

Jaina said...

April-He really did. I loved the Dad, he was just so amazed at the kindness and generosity of a stranger...the whole thing just made me melt into a lovey dovey puddle. I was SO proud of the bf and so happy that he's mine.