Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quotes on Change

Change is a big part of life. Some change is big, some is little. But it happens nonetheless. A few quotes piling up in my email seemed to agree with me.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
– Lao-Tzu


Such a simple thought at first glance, almost as if it's unnecessary to speak. But at second look, it speaks volumes. Evaluate your path, you can always change directions. Like it says, if you don't, you'll end up exactly where you're headed. Question is, where do you want to go, and are you on the road to getting there?

"When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge."
– Tuli Kupferberg


We as humans so often fall into patterns and habits. We sink into our comfort zones and sometimes never leave them. After all, our patterns and habits are so comfortable, we feel safe in the known, why should we leave it? But breaking patterns, unlearning habits, can yield such incredible outcomes that make us wonder why we wasted so much time stuck in the habit of the known. (wow, could I have used the word habit or pattern any more in one paragraph?)

"I have always believed that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value."
– Hermann Hesse


This quote pretty much defines my outlook on life. An outlook that, unfortunately, many people don't understand or appreciate. And I don't really care if people get it or not, I just let it roll off. I just smile and let them wonder why I'm always so happy.


4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Jaina,

Sorry I'm so late visiting. There is such an enormous amount of work still, around here. I appreciate your visits and nice comments during my absence.

Great quotes. The last one is especially meaningful for me. Adversity makes one stronger in the end, I believe.

Have a good rest of the week.

Hugs!

Renie

Jaina said...

Renie-No worries! I'm glad you were able to stop by. I hope you get everything cleaned up and sorted out. Thank goodness for power again! Have a wonderful week :)

Anonymous said...

Great quotes.

Jaina said...

Yaya-Thank you :) And thanks so much for stopping by. I hope to "see" you around soon.