Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Great News

I went to bed around 9 or so last night (cause I'm old like that) Put my phone on vibrate so that any "late" night callers wouldn't necessarily wake me up. Naturally, my phone started vibrating not too long after I'd settled into bed. It was my aunt...not one who usually calls me. It was unusual enough that I answered, curious as to the reason for the call. I was greeted not by my aunt's voice, but by my cousin, Ariel*.

"So you are officially my Maid of Honor!"

Me (sits straight up in bed): WHAT?!!!!!!!

My cousin got engaged last night :) I am SO excited. It's going to be absolutely fabulous. What wonderful news to get, I was SO excited. I couldn't contain myself. I'm so honored to be her Maid of Honor, she will be mine when my time comes**, we've discussed and planned this for ages, especially the past few months/year since we've actually been seriously dating and these topics have come up. I'm so incredibly giddy right now! It's perfect timing that she's coming down for the weekend because we're going to see Wicked. It's going to be AMAZING!

*Note: I use nicknames here in blogland. If you click the snazzy new "Who's Who" link up top I have a short little guide explaining each nickname. :)

**Incidentally, I've been with the bf to the jewelry stores several times. :) I don't mind browsing around and getting sized and stuff, but he knows that I don't want to know which one, price, or anything like that. There are lots of shiny and sparkly things in the jewelry stores. :)


10 comments:

Caffeine Court said...

How exciting!!! What an honor...I guess that's why they call it "Maid of Honor."

Have a great time with your cousin this weekend.

Jaina said...

Jill-Haha, yeah. I was giggling as I wrote last night that I was honored to be her Maid of Honor. Thank you!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

An honor indeed! So glad for you!

Jaina said...

Kym-It truly is, thank you! :)

Jessica said...

That is SO exciting! Congratulations on being Maid of Honor!!!!

Jaina said...

Jessica-Thanks! I'm SO excited!

Anonymous said...

Jaina,
That is so exciting! I couldn't think of a better person to be a Maid of Honor, it really is an honor. How special. I am so happy for you, and your cousin.

You have lots of planning to do, I think it will be fun. Hope you and your cousin have a lot of fun this weekend.
XXXXXXXXXX

Jaina said...

Cheryl-Aww, thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. :) We should have a fabulous weekend, I'm really excited, even though it will be cut a little short cause she has to be home early Sunday. It will still be an incredible trip.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I love weddings.
Wicked is one of my faves!

Jaina said...

Yaya-Thanks! I'm really excited for it. And OMG, Wicked was beyond amazing!