Friday, July 3, 2009

San Francisco Day Two (the bonus story)

I have the most romantic and wonderful boyfriend ever. I'm even more in love with him after our San Francisco trip, it's crazy and incredible and beautiful all wrapped into one. We are both part Irish and love the meaning and symbolism of the Claddagh ring. I know that he looked at Claddagh rings for me once quite a few months ago. What I didn't know is that he never stopped looking.
While we were waiting for our table at the Pier Market for dinner, we went into this great little shop on Pier 39, Treasure Ireland. (doesn't the name just send a delightful shiver down your spine?) There were all kinds of beautiful treasures to browse through. One of the first things that caught my eye was the collection of Claddagh rings. The bf asked the shopkeeper to help me try them on. He showed us the special collection of rings. It was a perfect fit. The bf bought me the most beautiful silver Claddagh ring. I wear in on my left hand facing in. We're not engaged, not yet anyways. It's a promise ring. And it is absolutely beautiful. I keep my Claddagh on even when I'm asleep, I only really take it off to shower. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be in love with such a wonderful guy. He's perfect :)


4 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I had never heard of the c......ring before and read about it in the article you referred me to. It is a very cute ring and has such a sentimental touch to it. I'm sure you will treasure it and share this story with your children and grandchildren for many years to come. Especially, if bf becomes husband! ;)

Jaina said...

Gramma Ann-I'm glad you enjoyed reading about the story and history of the ring, I just love it :) It will definitely be treasured forever ;) Hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting!!!

Jaina said...

Yaya-Thanks! :)