Friday, June 5, 2009

Weekend Plans

Heading home for the weekend. My littlest brother's last ball game of the season is tomorrow. I haven't gotten to any of his games this season and he may not play next year, so I really wanted to make this game. The boys do not know I'm coming home tonight :)

The bf is in Wisconsin and has been there since Tuesday visiting family and such. I was so sad dropping him off at the airport, I miss him SO much. We've been texting a LOT and talking on the phone before bed. I can't wait to pick him up Sunday :)

I got my shiny new computer on Tuesday, which has served as a fabulous distraction from being sad and mopey missing the bf. I love it, it's so pretty and fun. I did a bit of rearranging. I have a small studio apartment. Originally I had my tv/dvd player in the main room and my computer in the kitchen area. Since I have a nice new 20" widescreen monitor, I decided to move my computer into my main room and use it as my dvd player as well. I think my apartment looks much nicer without the computer in the kitchen. I got a Dell Studio Slim, which is awfully shiny. Only thing is that while it's the same basic size as a normal desktop, it's much skinnier. It doesn't fit on the shelves of the little desk I was using for my computer before, and with it being so slim, I'm afraid of having it topple over sitting on the carpet. The bf called me Tuesday as I was browsing through computer desks online because I thought I might have to break down and buy a new one, and he told me to wait until he got home and he'd build me a new one next weekend! My bf is absolutely fantastic, he is the bestest. I'll have a shiny new custom built desk to match my beautiful new bookcase. I'm SO excited. :)

In addition to the rearranging, I also seriously cleaned my apartment. I still need to clean the blinds and windowsills (they're filthy), but I scrubbed my kitchen floor last night, in addition to cleaning the bathroom, dusting, vacuuming and organizing stuff. Like, literally on my hands and knees scrubbing. It feels SO good to have a clean apartment. Especially knowing that I'll come home to a clean apartment on Sunday. :)

Also, I want a koala.


7 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Your shiny new computer sounds spiffy! I'm in the market for a new laptop, and have been browsing the Dell catalog right now.

How nice the your bf has offered to build you a new desk for it. You really got a gem there, in that nice bf! :-)

Enjoy your little brother's game, and the visit with family.

Hugs,

Renie

Sarah Katie said...

Sounds like you spent the weekend cleaning much like I did. I didn't really get down on my hands and knees and scrub, but my house is probably a lot bigger than your apartment. I live in a big Victorian that was built in 1870.

Jaina said...

Renie-Thanks! I love it. :) Let me know if you need any help/recommendations for your laptop.
The bf is really fantastic, I love it. My brother's team won their game! I had a really great visit :)

Sarah Katie-Haha, well, at least Thursday night. Your house sounds beautiful...I would love to see pictures...I'm a sucker for old Victorian style houses. I think it's the romantic in me :)

The Chic Chauffeur said...

You are so lucky to have a handy-man!!!!! Woodworking is a disappearing skill! He's a keeper!

Jaina said...

Chic Chauffer-He most definitely is. :)

Tabitha Blue said...

Hahaha, this is great!! Well, I already read about your weekend at the ball game. But the rest of this post was awesome! What a great BF!! You should take a pic of your new place all re-arranged and show us your computer!!

:)
~Tabitha

Jaina said...

Tabitha-Thanks! I think I have some shots from when I moved in that should show the difference. I'll try to get those pictures done soon so you can see :) (and then again when the new desk is there)