Friday, April 17, 2009

Defying Gravity

I will be defying gravity come mid-August. I just purchased our tickets to Wicked! It's about time I saw the musical that had such a strong impact on my senior year of college with my friends. I only know the music, I can't wait to finally see the musical.

We ended up getting tickets at almost the front of the mezzanine, dead center. It was a little more than we had planned, but it was SO worth the extra money to get such good seats, and still for under $100. ($81, to be exact)

I keep talking about "we", don't I? Well, "we" consists of me, the bf, my cousin Ariel, my boss Lily, the Manager and his friend. We are all super excited to go, I can't wait until August! I have so many exciting things that I'm looking forward to. My best friend's wedding tomorrow, San Francisco in June, Wicked in August, and many things in between.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those tickets are worth every, single penny! I LOVE Wicked. So happy you are going.

Idina Menzel was just here in town, doing a concert. She played Elphaba, the original green witch. It was such a beautiful concert. I told the girls she was pregnant, they didn't believe my, but she announced it a week later.
I just knew.

So happy for you!!!
XXXXX

Jaina said...

We are in absolute agreement. I LOVE Idina!!! I had no idea she was pregnant, good call there. :) How neat that you got to see her in concert! Thanks for stopping by Cheryl. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Gigi Ann said...

Hi Jaina,

I don't know anything about "Wicked" but, my two granddaughter have some videos on youtube and they are singing Popular, I don't know if that is a song from Wicked or not. But, the title of their video is Cheyenne and Olivia Popular-Wicked.

If you would be interested in watching it you can find it on youtube and using the search go to Cheyenne I Can Hear The Bells. they have four little videos their father put on for them.

Have a great week-end.

Jaina said...

Gramma Ann-Popular is most definitely from Wicked, great song too. I'll have to go find those videos, I bet they're adorable!

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! I've never been to a real musical before. Well, I did watch my daughter in Annie, but that doesn't count.

Jaina said...

Johnina-Annie is awesome! I was in The Music Man and Oliver when I was younger. (nearly fell off the top of the set during rehearsal for Oliver once too, scary and funny at the same time) I hope you get to indulge in some musical theatre soon, it's so much fun!