Friday, October 24, 2008

Perfect Start to the Weekend

This week has really turned itself around (aside from being ridiculously busy) Things seem to be going well with everyone, work is going well and I've got great plans for the weekend.

It all started off tonight playing tennis again with the bf. (we haven't played since just before I got sick with mono) It was great to be back out on the courts...I wasn't quite as bad as I'd expected to be after having not played in months (and not being all that great to begin with when we stopped playing) Afterwards we headed to The Cheesecake Factory to spend a gift card that's been burning a hole in his pocket since his birthday. I got a "grown up" dinner of herb crusted salmon with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was quite delicious. I love salmon but was surprised to be craving it when I saw it on the menu. Go figure.

Tomorrow I'm driving up to spend the day with my person. (the nickname post has been updated too, by the way) I'm so excited, I really just need a day with her. We may goof off a little at Disneyland, we shall see. While things are going well with everyone, I've definitely learned a lot about friendship recently in many ways and am seeing things slightly differently than I used to...none of which is a bad thing. Also, thanks to time and many wonderfully encouraging comments from everyone here, I am no longer blaming myself for not spending "equal" time with the bf and my other friends. I'm not blaming myself that things DO change when you enter a serious relationship, and that some people just can't quite understand that without having had a similar experience, and that's okay. These are all things I'm still thinking about, and I'm sure will be discussed tomorrow with my person. But the biggest conscious realization is that the bf and I are a team. Period. He's here to stay. And I couldn't be happier. :)

Sunday the bf and I are planning to walk to the Farmer's Market and then spend the rest of the day outside, still haven't decided where. We'll also get to mass and to the monthly Young Adult Dinner Social. I'm really excited for that, it'll be the first one the bf's made it to, so that's amazing.

Overall this is going to be a great weekend. Now all I need is to get some good sleep. I'm SO excited to sleep past 7 tomorrow. Who knows, maybe I'll sleep until EIGHT. Haha, I'm living the good life, right? :) I hope you all have amazing weekends!


5 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I'm wide awake tonight with insomnia, that is why I am reading your post. Noticed you posted something new. Sounds like your will be having a fun week-end. I hope you get a good nights sleep, so you will be refreshed for your outing tomorrow. Have a good visit with the person ;)

Anonymous said...

MMmmmm...I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory! It sounds like a great weekend to me. :-)

Gigi Ann said...

Hi Jaina,

I finally got the award you gave me on July 29 up on my blog. Renie another bloggy buddy gave me some lessons today as how to do it. So this is a belated thank you, for considering me for the award. I finally found out how to accept it. So I guess the saying: "You can teach an old dog new tricks" is true in my case. Thanks again for the award, Jaina.

Gramma Ann

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Jaina,

Gramma Ann sent me! What a nice blog you have here. And now you made me hungry for salmon. Yours sounded delicious for sure!

I hope you're doing great! Come and visit sometimes. I have an 18 year old granddaughter in college, and 2 younger granddaughters.

Renie

Jaina said...

Gramma Ann-I'm sorry you weren't able to sleep, but I'm glad I was able to provide a little entertainment :) Great job getting the award up, I'll definitely have to come check it out :)

April-I don't eat there much, but it's SO good. Shall I admit that I've never had a slice of their cheesecake? (I know, crazy, right?)

Renie-Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll be over to say hello :) I'll see you around!