Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Out of Sorts

It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you that the Sultan's daughter's father passed away today. I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through right now. Bee told me tonight at mass. I don't have words to describe, but I ask that you keep the Sultan's daughter and her family in your thoughts and prayers. I will be praying particularly that she finds peace in her father's passing.

My mind is slightly less jumbled after a nice long chat with Ani tonight. I needed to talk to someone about this news, and about various things. I'm not sure how long he's been sick, I only found out last week when I posted asking for prayers for him and his family. And that goes back to the contents of the post about feeling like a double agent sometimes. And it hurts a little bit. And that's partly my fault, and partly not. It was comforting to talk to Ani about everything that's been going on, and that split that so many of you offered wonderful advice about, the friends vs. relationship. Like so many of you wonderful readers, Ani offered his own version of advice, saying that so many people don't understand that things DO change when you're in a serious relationship. And that if they haven't been in a similar situation, it can be hard to understand. He made me realize that I'm not a freak, I'm not just an idiot who can't manage to get things straight. It's NOT just me. It's partly my friends. I won't blame them, but I'll stop blaming me too. (or at least try)

I'm just a little out of sorts this evening. And very, very sad for the Sultan's daughter. I can only imagine the pain and grief, and can only wish that I could make it all go away. I think maybe I'll pray the rosary before I sleep, help focus my prayers for her and her family. It's the best way I know to quiet and focus my thoughts that run so rampant through my head.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your friend's loss, I hope she is ok. It's hard when a friend loses someone, b/c you just aren't sure what to say or do, b/c nothing will REALLY help. Just being there for support is the best, I suppose.

EatPlayLove said...

Thinking of you!

Gigi Ann said...

Jaina,

I am so sorry to hear about your friends loss.

Grief over the death of a loved one is normal and may be expressed. After the death of his close friend Lazarus, "Jesus gave way to tears." (John 11:35)

At John 5:28, again Jesus said: "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the grave will hear my voice and come out...to a resurrection."

This is the hope put before each of us, the sure hope of a resurrection back to life. May you find comfort in Jesus words as expressed in these scriptures.

Jaina said...

Mrs. D-Thank you. I just can't even hardly imagine how she is feeling right now.

EatPlayLove-Thank you :)

Gramma Ann-As always, thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom. Those are wonderful scriptures.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your and your friend's loss. :-*(

Jaina said...

April- Thank you so much.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Jaina, I am so incredibly sorry. For you and her both.

ConverseMomma said...

I, too, am sorry for your friends loss. And, I have been there with the friends vs. boyfriend thing. I moved in with my husband while we were in college, all my friends said I became distant and sold out on them. Whatever, I'm still with him, and some of them I only see at reunions.

Jaina said...

MamaGeek-Thank you. I am hoping and praying she will still be able to finish the semester, I know it's really important to her..it's her senior year.

ConverseMama-Thank you so much. I like your attitude about the whole friends vs. boyfriend thing. Because like others have said, the true friends will stick around. And they are. I think they'll understand whenever they finally enter serious relationships of their own.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so sad. I am so sorry for your friend's loss. I will say extra prayers tonight for the family. Loss is always so difficult, the grief journey is one of the hardest we ever have to face. I am glad you are there for them, because I know that helps and is very comforting.

I went through the boyfriend/friend issue too. I totally believe if your friends have never been in a serious relationship, it is much harder to understand. Yet, in time, it usually works out/evens out and true friends always remain.

XXXXXXX

Petunia said...

I am so sorry!

Jaina said...

Thanks Petunia.

Jaina said...

Cheryl-Thank you. I think you're absolutely right about the friends not completely understanding because of lack of experience, and I think you're right, they will stay. It may just be a little rocky before we get there.