Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pardon me while I have an excited wedding moment...

I always anticipated having a lot of fun planning our wedding together, but I think I seriously underestimated just how fun it would actually be. Even the littlest things have brought huge smiles and giggles. Of course the fiance teases me all the time about it, but he actually loves how excited I've been lately. It seems like everything is just falling into place since we booked our reception venue. We have our wedding party asked and confirmed. I found my dress!!! My mom and the fiance's mom came with me and we found THE dress at the first store we went to, 4th dress I tried on. I absolutely adore it, I didn't want to take it off. Now all I need are shoes and whatever jewelry I'm going to wear. We found the most amazing and delicious caterer, they are SO nice. We'll be booking them by the end of next week. I seriously cannot wait to eat at our reception. (we did a tasting a couple weeks ago) I have already asked my mom and the fiance's mom to make sure I get something to eat at the reception.

The fiance's parents are throwing us an engagement party/kitchen themed shower this summer, so we started off our registry with kitchen items. Talking about our entertaining wants and selecting things we would love to use was really exciting. What's even more exciting is that some of the items are being purchased. The fiance's counterpart at work was the first, her gift is the only one that I know what it is. (unintentionally) Let's just say that I absolutely love her to pieces and she is beyond generous. I came home last night to find a fairly large box on my doorstep from one of our registry stores. I was so excited, even though I have no idea what it is. I could probably figure it out if I wanted to though, I'm sure. The fiance says he knows what it is. He's so cute about the gifts.

We are just about 10 months away now and things are just perfect. I am so happy and having so much fun. Everything just makes me smile. I'll be even happier when we find and book our photographer, videographer and florist. Those are the only other major vendors we have left to figure out. Hopefully we will have everything sorted out and booked by the end of the month, including our honeymoon. It's really exciting, if slightly overwhelming to look at honeymoon options. There are just so many great choices and packages. The fiance is taking point on that topic though, which is both incredibly romantic exceedingly helpful. I love how involved he is with everything. He's not overbearing, but I get input and help making decisions. Did I mention that he's absolutely perfect? I'm so very, very blessed to have such a wonderful fiance.


17 comments:

Mandy said...

I LOVED planning the wedding and all of the things it entailed. I still have such fond memories of that time and we have been married 10 years in a couple of weeks. Enjoy every minute of it!! :)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I'm just all giddy and glad for you after reading this. What memories it conjures up!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

How exciting! I remember Hubby and I planning our wedding too and it really was a lot of fun and exciting!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

awwww this post gave me the biggest smile!!

I loved planning my wedding, and I'm so glad you are enjoying your planning as well. Congrats on finding THE dress!! Eek!

Jaina said...

Mandy-Happy early anniversary! I am definitely soaking in every minute of this process. SO much fun!

Kim-Hehe, I'm glad I could help conjure such good memories. I'm definitely with you on the giddy. :D

Lisa-It's been so much fun. It's so neat to have everything come together, I'm so happy.

Kelly-You should have seen the silly grin on my face as I wrote it!

Momo Fali said...

It's so exciting! I loved planning my wedding so much that I considered doing it for a living!

Anonymous said...

This is all so exciting and I'm glad that you are having so much fun.

Anonymous said...

This is all so exciting and I'm glad that you are having so much fun.

EatPlayLove said...

I am so happy for you. It sounds like you are staying present and enjoying the moment, the planning! I am glad you aren't feeling overwhelmed. It is a once in a lifetime experience and you are doing it right!

Sarah Katie said...

I have yet to be planning a wedding. That is in my far future. I want to enjoy being single for a while. Anyway. Speaking of jewelry. I am actually venturing into the wedding jewelry business. Beading. I'm quite excited about it. Pearls, crystal, gold, silver. Quite exciting.

Jaina said...

Momo-Me too! I have always loved event planning so planning our wedding has been great fun. I'm definitely considering doing it for others, I love it.

Jen-Thanks! Me too :)

Denise-Thank you! That's definitely what I am trying to do, I'm glad that it is working. :)

Sarah Katie-Haha, definitely enjoy it, it's a wonderful experience. :) Best of luck on the wedding jewelry, that sounds super fun! Let me know when you set up a webpage or etsy site, I'd love to look at it. :)

Heidi said...

It's all so very exciting!
I think you are doing it in a fabulous way. My sister and her fiance announced that they were getting married about a month ago, and she's getting married in August. We are scrambling to get everything together in time.
I'm glad that you are enjoying all the little things. If you can keep doing that,you will be very happy indeed. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and thrilled that things are falling so smoothly into place. That is a much better way to do it, getting all stressed and overwhelmed is just a waste a time because the wedding is going to happen and it will be perfect.
You deserve to be having fun with the planning and you also deserve to be marrying the best man ever!!!
XXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Ooh how exciting!!! Can't wait to hear more about the wedding as it gets closer!

Jaina said...

Heidi-Thank you! That was the plan all along. We set the date for about 18 months after the engagement. We knew we wanted a spring wedding, but this past spring just didn't give us enough time. Neither of us wanted to get stressed by the wedding planning, we wanted to be able to enjoy the whole process. So far, our plan seems to be working quite well :)

Cheryl-Thank you my friend, it means so much to me :) He really is perfect :)

April-Absolutely! I'm having the best time with this, it's so much fun!

TUSHAR RAJPUT said...

Happy Deepavali 2015
Happy Diwali 2015

TUSHAR RAJPUT said...

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi 2015 images
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi 2015