Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cancer is a Bitch

You might remember stories about my friend Renee. Her real name is Moe. She's my riding coach, but so much more. She's a wonderful friend. Her daughter, Bells, is like a little sister to both me and the fiance. We consider them family. Moe is one of the most amazing people I know. She is always there when you need her, always has words of wisdom to share, and you know she'll tell it to you straight. She is really, truly a gift.

Moe successfully fought breast cancer a number of years back. The fiance and I found out this afternoon that she has cancer again and is currently in the hospital. It's liver cancer, and it is aggressive, they have her on morphine right now. They are going to do an oral chemo treatment, I believe for about 2 weeks, which has about a 50% chance of having any effect on the cancer.

She is a fighter, I know that much without a doubt. But right now she needs all the help she can get. Please keep Moe, her daughter, her husband, and all of their family in your prayers. Prayer is an incredibly powerful blessing. Please pray for Moe. Pray very, very hard.