Friday, December 4, 2009

When it rains, it pours - Updated

This was not the post I wanted to write today.

My Great Grams was in the hospital earlier in the week with what turned out to be pneumonia. My Grammy lives with her and had to call 911 to get her to the hospital. She was doing much better and came home Wednesday. This morning my mom called to check in and see how everything was going and hit their answering machine. My Grammy called her back to tell her that she'd had to call 911 again because this morning Grams was cold, clammy, had stomach pains (which my Grammy thinks was actually chest pain) and was moaning. That's about all I know at this point. Grams is an amazing woman, fiery and wonderful even though she is losing her eyesight at 93. She is my dad's grandmother and I absolutely adore her. I would greatly appreciate that if you are so inclined, if you would pray for Grams.

Update 12/4, 3:08pm: Grams is home. I don't really have any other details. (don't get me started on the aunt who is there atm) I did get to speak with Grams and she sounded good, if a bit tired. I'll update when I hear back from Grammy.


9 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh honey, you must be so worried! She'll be in my prayers!

Jaina said...

Kim, you always make me smile. Thank you, your prayers (and your friendship) mean a lot.

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts your way...

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, Jaina, I will be praying for your Grams! And for you and your grandma as well. Let us know how she is.

Renie

Gigi Ann said...

What a sad story, I hope your Gram recovers and feels better soon.

Jaina said...

Renie-Thank you. She is home and apparently fine. There are not a whole lot of details, which I find incredibly frustrating. But at least she is home and seems to be doing well.

Gramma Ann-Thank you. As far as I know she is doing better, it was good to actually be able to talk to her myself.

Tabitha Blue said...

Aww, so sorry. She is in my prayers. Sounds like you really are close to her, so this can't be easy for you... praying for you too.

*hugs*

Jaina said...

Tabitha-Thank you. I am pretty close with Grams. I'm glad that she is home now, and she sounded okay when I talked to her on Friday. I just hope there are no more ER visits this week.

Jaina said...

Jen-Thank you! I'm sorry I missed your comment initially.