Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sail Away

You'll never guess what I did yesterday. I wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't been there. I got to go out on a sailboat...and I steered the sailboat for a bit a couple times too! It was SO much fun. I've never been out sailing before, it was so neat.

One of the bf's friends wanted to race his sister's boat in the marina race next weekend and he asked the bf to be part of his crew. The crew is made up of some of the desert guys, so it's really neat. They did a test run yesterday afternoon and I got to go along. I took a bunch of pictures until we got out into the open water and looking through the lens started making me feel not so great...then I just enjoyed being out in the ocean. It was such a neat thing to do, I can't believe I've never been on a sail boat before. It's definitely an experience I recommend. :)


9 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I have never been on a sailboat and doubt I ever will. But, I am glad you had such a neat experience. I am not much of a water kind of person. Growing up I was not around water and as I got older I just didn't care.

Have a fun filled week, Jaina and keep dry. ;)

Ann

Jaina said...

Gramma Ann-It's definitely fun, but not if you don't like the water, particularly the ocean variety. ;) I hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That sounds so fun!

Jaina said...

Yaya-It really was. I recommend it for sure!

Petunia said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a nice sail!
The one & only time I went sailing I was nauseous the entire time. :(

Jaina said...

Petunia-That's no fun at all. I'll admit I wasn't feeling too well for a bit, but it started when we got out on the open water and I was looking through the viewfinder on the bf's SLR. Kinda felt like I'd been reading in the car. But I stopped taking pictures and enjoyed the rest of the sailing. I won't take pictures once we get out of the shelter of the harbor and jetties in the future. But it was still amazing.

Heather said...

I've never been on a sailboat either, but it sounds like so much fun!!

Jaina said...

Heather-It really is. I hope you get the chance to go out on one sometime. :)

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Glad you had a fun time on the sail boat. I haven't been sailing in a few years...