Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hair Salons

Well, I've finally done it. I decided to be brave and trusting. I called the cute little salon around the corner from my apartment, and made an appointment to get my hair cut. For most people I would imagine this doesn't require bravery, but for me it does. See, I'm very particular about my hair, even more so about who I let near it with scissors. My hair hasn't been cut in...well, a while. It's gotten nice and long and actually grew out quite nicely. But I've been noticing the ends and they're just starting to split a bit more than I like and they seem slightly dry, no matter how long I leave in the conditioner. My layers could also do with some help. Only problem with all this is that the girl who usually does my hair is three hours away, and I just never seem to have time to get to her anymore when I'm up at my parent's.
I was looking at this little salon to get a much needed pedicure, which I still plan on doing. But I decided that my hair would be so much happier with me if I would get it a nice cute and get my layers brought up. I figure 3 inches ought to do well to get off most of the splits while still leaving plenty of length. It IS in the middle of my back, and it grows fast. So wish me luck, because this will be my first time going to someone new in a while and trusting them with my hair. Maybe I should get one of those soothing water drip fountains like my cousin had in her living room. (that's what the picture is of...I seriously want one, they are SO cool!)


5 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Good luck on the cut Jaina! I just got a good 9 inches cut off of mine and the first time showering was SO SAD.

And cool shot - love the colors.

Jaina said...

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. I know that feeling of the first shower after a significant cut...but never quite THAT significant. And thanks, I was absolutely mesmerized.

Anonymous said...

I hope your cut goes well. I just went and it feels so good. I love getting it a bit shorter in the summer. So much easier. Let us know.

Mary Alice said...

Good luck. My sister always cut my hair. I miss having her do that. It is nice to have someone that really knows you and can be trusted without word near your hair with sissors.

Jaina said...

Eileen-Thanks! I'll definitely let you all know how it goes. Maybe I'll even get brave and post a picture of the new cut. (I'll take a before shot too if I remember)

Mary Alice-How nice that you had someone you trust to do that. I wish I had a sister who could cut my hair.